Injured Employee Home Page
The purpose of this page is to provide injured employees within the Texas workers' compensation system a one-stop source of information that can help them throughout the claim process.
- I have been injured. What do I do? (pdf)
- File a Report of Injury Online
- Injured Employee Rights and Responsibilities (in English, Spanish, Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese)
- About the Office of Injured Employee Counsel (OIEC)
- Request for OIEC Assistance (Form OMB-02) – English | Spanish
- How Do I Find a Doctor to Treat My Workers' Compensation Injury or Illness?
- Information About Hiring an Attorney for a Workers' Compensation Claim
- Information about Workers' Compensation Benefits
- Ombudsman Services
- Resolving Disputes
- Preparing for a Benefit Review Conference, Contested Case Hearing, or Appeal
- Information about judicial review:
- Workers' Compensation Fact Sheets (quick information about various topics)
- OIEC brochures and flyers. You can request hard copies of the publications (including a helpful folder to maintain your claim information by emailing OIECInbox@oiec.texas.gov.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Customer Complaints
- You must tell your employer within 30 days of the date you were injured or within 30 days of the date you first knew your injury or illness might be work-related.
- You have the responsibility to send a completed claim form (DWC-41) to the Division of Workers' Compensation (DWC) within one year of the date you were injured or within one year of the date you first knew that your illness might be work related.
- Send the completed DWC-41 to DWC (or File your First Report of Injury Online) even if you are already receiving benefits. If you do not send the completed claim form to DWC within one year from the date of injury, you may lose your right to benefits.
- For a copy of the DWC-41, click here or report your injury online. You may contact OIEC for assistance in completing the form by calling 1-866-393-6432 or contact the Division of Workers' Compensation (DWC) directly by calling 1-800-252-7031.